Translate

Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Orange Headed Thrush Imitating Sound

It is very common in Indonesia to create birds, mainly the birds for exhibition purpose, with unique sounds when it is singing. Especially the sounds comes from other 'in fashion' birds, as to date preferred sounds such as: love bird, prinia, woodpecker, sturnias, etc. Almost all birds used for the patron are has high frequency, screechy and loud sounds.
Today, there is only one Orange Headed Thrush ['Zoothera Citrina' - Punglor Merah] left in my list of collection. It still be patronized by those bird mates, to fill its varies sounds.
The first one, from left to right in this picture, is the Sturnus Contra [Jalak Uret], in the white cage. The second from the left is the Woodpecker, the small one [in Indonesia they used to call it Pelatuk Sampit, Sampit is one regency located in Kalimantan island]. The next is a Love Bird and the last one, at the right side, is the Weaver. This weaver should have Yellow color in its upper part of the head, but I think this one is the youngster, so it might have its yellow color few more years. The reason is, when I got this bird first time, it has no yellow color in its head, but after it got its first molting period is finished, a little bit yellow color was arose. So, I said to my self, well, I'll wait till couple years in caring it, till I can see its yellow color and prove that my theory is right. Those four patron birds seem good enough for filling the additional sounds produced by the Thrush.
I have believed as it have been proven, as a friend of mine had borrowed this Thrush for at least one year [last year], for exhibition purpose, when its molting period was came, I took this bird back to my home and taking care of it by my self until it reaches its optimum health after the molting period. When it started to sing again, I just found that there were a lot of new songs it produces. It had imitated the songs of birds which belong to my friend during he store it in his house.

2 comments:

THOMAS said...

nice blog!
www.thomasbirds.blogspot.com

finchpolis said...

Tx Thomas ...