Translate

Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Old Yellow Vented Bulbul


Some friends of mine may questioning when they know that I also have a Yellow Vented Bulbul, ‘Pycnototus Goiavier‘ … The truth is, I believe its sound closely likes it nearest family, the Striped Head Bulbul, ‘Pycnototus Zeylanicus’, and it is so good to me to be a good teacher for my other Singing Birds to replicate the songs.

My little sister on 13th of February 2006, in Surabaya, where I put this bird in my parent’s residence, took the picture. She took it without any reason, she send it by email to me, when I used to work for P.T. Jababeka Konstruksi, a subsidiary company of P.T. Jababeka Tbk., in Jakarta.
When I received her blank email, with this picture only as attachment, I have no idea about it. I am still thinking, what is the reason she send me that picture and I never asked her about that. Weird thing, isn’t right huh? [But it reminded me that I still left something in Surabaya]


This picture, from the same bird, was taken on 28th of August 2008. Therefore, it is 2.5 years after. It looks the same. There are no changes, while it is getting older, physically also its singing ability. The greater change is only at its character. It is becoming a bad tempered, as it becoming an adult bird had passion and lust. It always bite my hand when I put mine into its cage for daily morning feeding & cleaning the cage. However, the strange thing is, it does not bite the woman’s hand who feed it. What a damn weird bird. Looks like it knew the gender of human, hehehe…

I bought this bird in about 2003 or 2004, as long as I could remember; when I used to work in Tretes, build a 3-storey big resort house building on the top of a hill with 23.000 sqm widespread contoured area. The previous owner of this bird was the Sate Seller in a place called ‘Blue Building’, in the hill’s foot where the waterfall named ‘Coban Rondo’ is located. This area also is the right place for birds regarding its weather conditions.
The deal price at that time was only 35.000 rupiahs, as it was cheap enough for the bird with that quality. I thought that was a good price in the country village, maybe, if we compare to the city’s price.

The bird is male; I thought so, had good physical conditions, brave and close friendly to human. Absolutely someone had grown it and hand feed it since it was a baby, so the result is it was greatly tamed.

I do not know why I like this bird so much that time. Maybe because of every time it saw me, it just suddenly says hello to me with its song by open its wings high and widely and throw a loud and long rolling sounds. Anyway, as the common bird’s lover did, I also sometimes get bored with it. The fact is, I still take care and have it until today.

In addition of that, when and since I started buy those Stripped Head Bulbuls for breeding purpose, I have to have this bird to keep and assist Bulbuls sing their good song. Even it was not correctly happened. The Stripped Head Bulbul in a group, more than two in number, could not have a good song. That is a fact. This is becoming my important experience to me. The Yellow Vented Bulbul was became malfunction. It is ok to me because it is irrelevant to the breeding purpose. Gladly I told my self, to keep me out of disappoint.

No comments: