Translate

Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

New Love Bird

Well, as have get bored with my previous love bird, the yellow peach face, I have to have a little bit refreshment. So I sell that yellow one to my friend in the bird market. Fortunately, the next day when I just drop by in another bird market, suddenly there was a man offered me some love birds. I accepted his offer as we have deal in the price. Then I took it home, gave it a better cage and better foods for it.
I will not describe its color, as you could see it in the picture on above. The bird looks so young and the bad thing is, it was in the molting period ... so absolutely I just could not be often hear its songs. I have to wait until it finished its molting before I use it as a patron for the Asian Pied Starling [Jalak Uret/Sturnus Contra - Prev., Now Gracupica Contra] Chick. Its wings feathers ain't complete yet and some fine feathers looks started to grow. I also have found some small feathers in the bottom of the cage every morning.
The bird seems a little bit wild and this might needs several months to go to be tamed. It always seems afraid every time I put my hand into the cage, when I have to clean its cage.
The previous diet I found in its original cage was only couple kind of seeds; the millet and the canary seed. I tried to feed it with corn, immature maize, as an additional daily diet. At day one, it did not even touched it, but the next day, it had tried to take it. So, can be imagined what happened in the day after. Next time I am gonna try some vegetables kind, hopefully it also will like it. Varies of diet is very important to keep it in fit condition, to support it abilities in singing. It is a must in regards to its daily function as the patron bird, which have to sing for the whole day.
Many years ago, I have successfully created love birds with many variance songs, such as songs of prinias, asian pied starling, Sturnus Leucopsar Acridotheres, Alophoixus Bres, etc. But sometimes this condition would not be a permanent thing, when it hears the original sounds/songs of it kind too often, lets say: everyday, the song will be disappear in the end.

No comments: